Aerospace & defense
Historically, Aerospace & Defense was the first industry to overwhelmingly adopt PLM technology due to the technical complexity of the products, unlike any other industry, and the amount of engineers needed to design products at any stage of the product lifecycle.
This industry is traditionally segmented into:
- Civil Aerospace: Encompassing all major manufacturers and sub-system suppliers, such as engines, structures, landing gears, avionics, electronics, cabin systems, etc.
- Defense Systems: Air, land and naval, which are largely driven by large long-term government contracts.
- Satellite Industry: Commercial or military, which must overcome specific engineering challenges.
Challenge and solutions
- Very large programs Programs requiring an unprecedented level of Program Management to control a product’s overall lifecycle, from product inception to product commissioning.
- High level of technical & economical risk In the first phase of a program, in which the selection of the “best” concepts among all technical alternatives is the key to the overall program’s success (e.g.: using lightweight materials to meet design targets and variants to support a multitude of client requirements).
- Strong systems integration approach To comply with verification and validation processes throughout the V-Cycle, leading to product commissioning.
- Extended Enterprise For the Design and Supply chain processes spanning worldwide sub-contractors.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
PCO Innovation will advise and accompany you in the implementation of PLM best practices:
- Mechanical CAD solutions which have played a major role in structural integration for many years with the development of digital mockups.
- Solutions supporting system behavior modeling in sectors such as aerodynamics, fatigue and structural mechanics, composites structure modeling.
- Standard components database to normalize part usage across programs and to optimize component provisioning.
- Materials databases providing the full range of “alternative materials” which will allow engineers to choose from the best product structure designs.
Manufacturing engineering solutions used to prepare manufacturing routings, instruction sheets, and advanced tooling design.
Customer service engineering solutions used to prepare customer service definitions (range of repair options, maintenance kits), customer documentation, etc.
Requirement definition and testing solutions to support full traceability of a final product’s multiple requirements down to each sub-system, along with the verification and validation of each of those requirements.
Solutions to support the management of “backbone” technical data for various disciplines in the company: multi-disciplinary data management, configuration management, collaborative solutions, etc.
VALUE ADDED BY PCO INNOVATION
- Specialized in PLM: focusing on our core business and supporting our clients’ innovation.
- We consider information technology to be a means, not an end.
- Dual competency in the business (Aeronautics & Defense) and the technology.
- We propose a complete and complementary line of services, from the analysis phase to completion.
- We provide a unique level of expertise and responsiveness relating to PLM solutions in the market.
- We value a commitment-based approach.
- We combine the flexibility of a human-sized company with the ability to support large-scale PLM projects.