Electronics & High-Tech
Traditional PLM systems had their roots in Mechanical CAD editors. As a consequence, they were ill-suited for the design of high-tech products in which electronic CAD and software management play a major role.
Recent advances in mechatronic module interfaces by major ECAD and CM software tool creators now put PLM editors in a position to provide competitive advantages to high-tech product design & manufacturing companies.
This industry is traditionally segmented into:
- Semi-conductor devices (Intel, Freescale, ST)
- Semi-conductor equipment (Applied materials)
- OEM consumer electronics (Samsung, Canon, HP, Apple)
- OEM mobile phone manufacturers (Sony-Ericsson)
- OEM appliance manufacturers (Haier, Samsung)
- Telecommunications (Ericsson, Alcatel, Huawei)
Challenge and solutions
- Very large design teams of electronics and software designers.
- Increasing SOC (System on chip) integration.
- Rapid obsolescence of products due to progress inchip miniaturization.
- Decreasing product costs implying increased outsourcing of design and manufacturing activities to dedicated centers (Flextronics, etc.).
- Increasing role of software and man-machine interfaces for market differentiation.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
PCO Innovation will advise and accompany you in the implementation of PLM best practices:
- Customer-driven requirements management, broken down into system requirements.
- Strong system engineering approach for “System on Chip” and mechatronic system design.
- IP hardware and software management maximizes re-use and provide clear visibility of license ownership in delivered products.
- Standardization of Electronic components through the management of electronic component libraries to optimize sourcing.
- Integration of software management functions in the PLM system to manage the overall application lifecycle (bug management, change management, configuration management, etc.).
- Integrated project lifecycle approach to monitor the progress of design activities, time to market and benchmark project performance at all times, and compare them with past performance and competitors.
VALUE ADDED BY PCO INNOVATION
- Specialized in PLM: focusing on our core business and supporting our clients’ innovation.
- We consider information technology to be a means, not an end.
- Dual competency in the business (Electronics & High-Tech) and the technology.
- We propose a complete and complementary line of services, from the analysis phase to completion.
- We provide a unique level of expertise and responsiveness relating to PLM solutions in the market.
- We value a commitment-based approach.
- We combine the flexibility of a human-sized company with the ability to support large-scale PLM projects.
- Semi-conductor Manufacturer – SAP-PLM Rollout
Deployment of SAP-PLM solutions to manage information and manufacturing routings for all product portfolios. PCO assisted the client in making the blueprints for the SAP-PLM prior to implementation.
- Consumer Electronics – SAP-PLM Rollout
Deployment of an SAP-PLM solution for a Fabless organization making Bluetooth and wireless kits for mobile telephones. PCO was the service provider in charge of fully implementing the SAP-PLM project.
- Mobile Platform – Business Process Reengineering
PCO consultants were at the heart of the client team in charge of redefining the R&D process for a mobile platform manufacturer. The redefinition of this process was launched as part of a migration project from a legacy PLM system to TeamCenter UA (Siemens).
- Home Automation
PCO was the main service provider for the worldwide leader of home automation solutions for roller shutters and gates, and deployed a worldwide PLM solution for its R&D centers.