The industrial equipment industry comprises several sectors: specialized machinery, complex tooling, construction site machinery and equipment (stationary or mobile).
- Industrial equipment is the means used by production processes and is part of the global industrial context (engineering, construction, management).
- Industrial equipment is primarily acquired during a business cycle or on a per-project basis and is referred to as "engineering-to-order" or "build-to-order" equipment.
- Industrial equipment is inherently complex, multidisciplinary, and has a complete lifecycle (from the initial requirement to design, manufacture, maintenance, and final decommissioning).
Challenge and solutions
Borderline between manufactured products and engineering, the industrial equipment industry must address the following challenges:
- Accelerate turnaround when projects are underway and during bid requests (internal or external), and ensure that innovation is at the heart of equipment and project development.
- Make use of multiple subcontractors and purchased parts from the design stage.
- Incorporate multiple technical disciplines and collaborate with other trades.
- Incorporate a complete lifecycle.
- Ensure quality throughout equipment operation and maintenance.
- Provide certification and conformity (industrial and environmental standards are contingent upon sectors and locations).
- Promote sharing solutions to improve response time (in a context of increased competition).
- Ensure continuity with manufacturing and maintenance management systems.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
PCO Innovation will advise and accompany you in the implementation of PLM best practices:
- Total or partial lifecycle management (V-cycle) of industrial equipment information (from complete equipment to simple components).
- Harmonize information involved in developing and using industrial equipment: (from overall equipment to individual components).
- Managing a large amount of information (documents and parts).
- Managing a wide range of equipment and configurations.
- Managing dependencies among all versions of the information.
- Providing a single collaborative and multidisciplinary access point.
- Establishing a base for capitalization and reuse.
- Creating intelligent documents.
The major software publishers on the market offer applications that provide the features needed by the industrial equipment industry:
Sector-specific solutions are incorporated in systems that generate data, but PLM provides cohesion for different kinds of information.
VALUE ADDED BY PCO INNOVATION
- Specialized in PLM: focusing on our core business and supporting our clients’ innovation.
- We consider information technology to be a means, not an end.
- Dual competency in the business (Industrial Equipment) and the technology.
- We propose a complete and complementary line of services, from the analysis phase to completion.
- We provide a unique level of expertise and responsiveness relating to PLM solutions in the market.
- We value a commitment-based approach.
- We combine the flexibility of a human-sized company with the ability to support large-scale PLM projects.