Maintenance, Repair, Operation - MRO
Every business segment is increasingly subject to powerful economic, technological, competitive, regulatory, and environmental forces which require them to control and continuously improve thier process performance.
To do this, industries –– such as transportation, energy, health and telecommunications –– with fixed assets that experience intensive use over the course of their lifetime must continuously optimize the operational availability of these assets and reduce intrinsic MRO (maintenance, repair, and operation) activities that may cost as much as five times the price of acquiring said assets.
Challenges and solutions
Improving asset availability
- Optimizing logistical support (replacement part management).
- Managing global support (performance indicators and measurements: costs, deadlines, quality, inventory, replacement parts).
- Resource planning based on final asset availability.
Reduction of maintenance costs
- Controlling technical data (configuration management, feedback, technical factors, obsolescence).
- Reinforcing predictive maintenance (diagnostics, projections).
- Optimizing corrective maintenance and production (operation and resource management).
- Applying lean management principles (extended inventory, TPM, TQM).
Compliance with regulations and environmental standards
- Managing regulatory and environmental requirements.
- Tracing activities and materials.
These challenges can only be addressed by controlling the company’s technical data repository and MRO processes.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
At present, there is no suitable software tool that completely and correctly covers MRO activities in an information system. It is therefore necessary to make use of a single decisional maintenance support system that combines:
- PLM : Technical and document repository management
- CAMM/CAPM : Maintenance and production management
- ERP : Inventory and logistics management
In addition to its standard features, PLM can be used to meet the needs of the following MROs:
- Configuration management
- Change management
- Resource and equipment management
- Service knowledge management
- Service request management
- Logistics support analysis reporting (LSAR) management
- Catalog of provided services
- Service plan: needs, frequency, resources, estimates
- Tasks and job sheets, accident codes
- Work instructions
- Maintenance planning and implementation
- Reporting and analysis
- Compatibility with industrial standards such as PLCS ISO 10303-239, Mil-Std 1388, and GEIA-STD-0007.
Value added by PCO Innovation
- Unbiased recommendation of the best technological option.
- For such a project and its execution, it is essential to design a change management plan in advance.
- Collaboration must be managed as a project based on business goals and objectives.
- The preparation of a solution focused on the challenges involved.
- Out-of-the-box approach based on our technical partnerships with PLM software leaders.
- The availability of a large international workforce in a company built on a human scale.