Project, Program and Portfolio Management
For manufacturers who have invested in PLM over the years, the installation of a project and portfolio management (PPM) process and solution is a natural development intended to enhance overall added value by focusing on upstream activities and on the related project approach.
Challenges and solutions
- Early identification of project ideas and products that meet market needs and fit company strategy.
- Support and facilitate innovation.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and plan projects while making the best use of business resources and know-how.
- Manage projects, teams, and information systems with the best balance between fluidity, flexibility, and rigor.
- Be positioned to react and remain agile, while optimizing costs, quality, and deadlines.
- Include geographically and culturally diverse participants who possess very different skills and backgrounds.
- Ensure transition and convergence between project and product.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
PCO Innovation will advise and accompany you in the implementation of PLM & PPM best practices:
PLM = Product Lifecycle Management
PPM = Project Portfolio Management
When combined, PPM and PLM can be used to :
- Ensure continuity from project conception to conceptualization to final product.
- Reconcile PPM’s time-based structure with PLM versioning.
- Share different views of the same concept (project or product) among different roles.
- Share the document lifecycle between an inherently time-based project outlook and commitment to a long-term product structure.
- Define and track appropriate indicators that can be used to measure project and product performance.
The project-based approach is often localized. Migrating towards global visions and information systems provides several benefits:
- An increase in project management efficiency.
- A portfolio-based approach.
- New possibilities for integration with PLM.
Value added by PCO Innovation
- Unbiased recommendation of the best technological option.
- For such a project and its execution, it is essential to design a change management plan in advance.
- Collaboration must be managed as a project based on business goals and objectives.
- The preparation of a solution focused on the challenges involved.
- Out-of-the-box approach based on our technical partnerships with PLM software leaders.
- The availability of a large international workforce in a company built on a human scale.