Re-use, Standardization, and Classification system
Integrating a new component can create bottlenecks in product or equipment design. Furthermore, since the cost of managing a component can become very expensive, it is essential to promote the reuse of existing components and to introduce company standards. Ideally, up to 60-70% of components should be standardized and re-used to make efficient designs. Poor component management can lead to designers spending all their time looking for and testing components instead of innovating.
Challenges and solutions
Reduce design time and control development costs.
Standardize components and functional assemblies by incorporating all useful characteristics and data.
Ensure design consistency.
Accelerate access to existing resources.
Optimize assemblies and mechanisms.
Promote collaborative design in the company.
Reduce logistics, manufacturing, stock, and maintenance costs.
PCO INNOVATION'S SOLUTIONS
PCO Innovation will advise and accompany you in the implementation of PLM best practices:
- Define standard component catalogs that make component re-use easier.
- Capture and incorporate design rules, business standards, pre-defined norms, and know-how in product definitions
- Easily create new documents and parts, file them into a hierarchy specific to their environment and use.
- Promote re-use through fast access to product knowledge, advanced search engines (full text, metadata, complex searches) and navigation.
- Catalog data for information re-use at every level of the company.
- Retrieve and manage re-usable data dispersed on every level of their infrastructure.
- Efficiently and effectively manage a flexible multilevel classification system .
- Promote cross-team collaboration throughout the product lifecycle.
Value added by PCO Innovation
- Unbiased recommendation of the best technological option.
- For such a project and its execution, it is essential to design a change management plan in advance.
- Collaboration must be managed as a project based on business goals and objectives.
- The preparation of a solution focused on the challenges involved.
- Out-of-the-box approach based on our technical partnerships with PLM software leaders.
- The availability of a large international workforce in a company built on a human scale.